As the time progresses, the way the business perform their operations is changing. Another facet of the business, marketing and reaching out to the audience, has changed. No more businesses rely on the physical shops and stores to attract customers. Now is the time when most of the business is performed online. Therefore, the businesses have shifted their stores online. Other than the websites, businesses these days are focusing on apps.
As mobile phones are used by almost every other person out there, mobile applications have become highly popular. They have become a great platform to market the products and services and reach the customers and retain them for a longer time. Read ahead to know why mobile applications are useful and how to build the perfect one.
Why have mobile applications for the business?
Mobile apps have become a substantial point of digital media marketing in the current age. Marketing has become multi-faceted and multi-channel based. This means businesses these days try to reach their audience through various channels, comprising both online and offline media. Mobile applications have since then become a major part of the campaign. Here are some benefits that the businesses have observed after launching their mobile apps:
- Reaching audience: One of the things that make apps quite useful for business is reaching the audience easier. It is also true for another way around, as the audience can reach the business easily. Remember when there was a time when one use to save the website names for a future visit. With mobile apps, one can install it on their device and access the apps whenever they want on the go.
- Increased sales: Customers want to buy something from a certain business, but they will have to go to the website, log in, and buy the products. But, searching, surfing, and buying products have become quite easy when it comes to applications. This helps in increasing the sales comparatively, as it gives ease of ordering on the smartphones.
- Better marketing: Reaching customers and leads through apps is much easier than any other channel out there. One can send discounts and offers to the customer directly through push notifications on phones. This helps in motivating the customers to take another step in the sale cycle.
- Better optimization and analytics: When it comes to managing the campaigns and marketing of businesses or products, analytics play a major role. Having apps will help record the processes and the results in a way that will help in better optimizations of the future cycles. Also, one can get real-time feedback from the customers instantly.
- Attractive interface: Websites can be confusing and hassling at times. They tend to lower customer friendliness. On the other hand, apps are more user-friendly as they are easy to use and easy to understand. One can make the apps more attractive with a proper interface to attract more customers.
Types of mobile apps
When it comes to building an app for the business to promote marketing and increase sales, the first thing that comes to one’s mind is the type of app. there are few different types of apps that one can choose from. The choice can be based on the objective and the budget one is keeping aside for the application’s development. Here are few different types of apps that one can develop:
- Web apps: These are browsers turned into mobile apps. They are delivered through browsers. One can say that they are a responsive version of the business’s websites. These apps will work for almost all operating systems.
- Native apps: These applications are the general apps that are downloaded through browsers. However, one thing that should be kept in mind is that these apps are developed for a certain operating system or platform.
- Hybrid apps: These are the ultimate combination of the native apps and the web apps out there. These apps are used on smartphones and can be downloaded and installed from the apps stores. Also, these apps are usually created for varying platforms and operating systems.
Features of a good mobile app
A mobile app is a place where the customers will get to engage with the brand. Therefore, it can be said to be the store of the business. Having a good store will always attract more customers and will also bring them there more often.
Like that, having a good app will help bring in more customers and retain them as well. Few things make a good application for mobiles. Here are these features to take care of:
- Speed: The loading time of the pages on an app should be fast and should not lag a lot. After all, nobody likes a laggy and slow application.
- Simple: Apps should not be too complicated, as they can steer away from the users. The pages and the design should be simple and easy to understand.
- Good resolution: When the apps are made to sell certain products, it is crucial to add high-resolution images. Blurry images will make the apps look not so polished.
- Feedback: Every app should have a place where the user can add their feedback. Getting feedback will help the businesses to take proper steps to a better app in the future.
- Color schemes: The apps with big and bold colors tend to attract more users. Having a dull interface will give a dull experience to the users of the app.
- Updates: The user requirement changes, and the OS too tend to have their updates. Therefore, the applications must have regular updates as well to keep up with OS updates.
Mobile apps are the future of business marketing and customer engagement campaigns. These apps allow better operations, better customer retention, and better reach-ability. Building the perfect app will help in making businesses more digitally woke and open.
The Impact It Has On Our Daily Lives
We live in an era that is technology controlled. Every little thing we do from morning to night has the hands of technology in it. The electricity we use, the bread we toast, the television we watch, and the mobile we use are all a part of technology and it shows how far we are dependent on it. Human life has been using technology for ages and the present age is the most vibrant of all. When compared to our predecessors the present-day life is the most easiest and fascinating. AI or Artificial Intelligence is one of the best innovations of modern technology and has a great impact on our daily lives.
How is AI or Artificial Intelligence affecting our day to day life?
Hearing about Artificial Intelligence in the news or from others we feel that it is something to do with great technological research and we as normal people going and doing a 9 to 5 job have no relationship with it. But that’s where you are wrong. Artificial Intelligence has been in the midst of our normal day to day life without us being aware of it. Here are a few examples of how it is impacting our normal lives when we do normal things.
- The smartphone
In the modern world, most of us use smartphones and the first thing we do in the morning is to open our phone and when your phone uses your face as your ID, it is using the Artificial Intelligence that enables your phone to unlock using your face as the identity. The face ID that Apple uses can read your face in a 3D image. It uses 30,000 infrared dots and captures your image and with the help of algorithms it compares your face with the stored image and if the AI is satisfied that it is you who is using the phone it unlocks it for you. all this takes just seconds and you have your phone unlocked.
- Social media
Who doesn’t use social media in today’s life? Every detail about you is available here. Your friends, family all have a place here. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc all are busy with what you are up to and what you are doing right now. Artificial Intelligence plays a very active role in providing you the information you need about your friends and family members. It also provides you with posts that interest you most, based on the search you have done in the past. The AI searches, filters, and identifies the information you need and provides it to you in your social media accounts.
Sending an Email is a very common thing and when an important mail is drafted you check it out with Grammarly or other such correcting tools so that your mail is perfect and error-free. Artificial Intelligence is at work here. Your Emails are filtered for spam and they are protected from viruses. The antiviruses used to clean your computers are all using Artificial Intelligence to do the work perfectly.
- Google Search
When we need information about something the first thing we do is to use the Google search engine. Google uses the help of Artificial Intelligence to give you the required information. The advertisements you receive, your recommendations on youtube all have the hands of AI in them. It all depends on your search history where the AI helps you get things that interest you the most.
- Digital voice assistance
We are getting used to digital assistance like Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri, and Microsoft’s Cortana. From playing your favorite music to creating the perfect lighting and ambiance for a romantic evening everything can be done by digital voice assistance using Artificial Intelligence. All these Apps use AI for their performance and provide you with the information you need.
- Smart cars
With the growth of technology, smart cars have are becoming popular. Self-driving cars and self-parking cars all use AI for their performance. With the help of Artificial Intelligence, your car can think, see and learn to do things like driving and parking on its own. Manufacturing giants like Toyota, Mercedes- Benz, Audi, etc, are already using the amazing technology called Artificial intelligence for bringing people vehicles that can drive and park without the help of human intervention.
Banking is very important to us. Normal banking activities use Artificial Intelligence for many of the banking procedures. It keeps our transactions secure, detects frauds, alerts you when your balance is low, etc. all done by the amazing technology called Artificial Intelligence.
Streaming services like Netflix that most of us use for our daily entertainment is empowered with Artificial Intelligence. The AI uses your viewing history to recommend shows that might interest you, most of us use these recommendations for our future viewing purposes.
- Online shopping recommendations
When you shop in Amazon one of the most used online shopping APP, you are using Artificial intelligence on the daily basis. The AI uses your search and recommends your products according to it. The AI is so perfect that you end up buying what is in the recommendations.
Artificial Intelligence can be your perfect companion
The various ways that Artificial Intelligence is helping you in leading your day to day life is quite amazing. It helps us out in every area of our life. From showing you the directions when you need to find a place to book a spot in a restaurant and to find the perfect cozy spot in a theatre, the music you want to listen to everywhere you are getting the help of an Artificial Intelligence. Artificial intelligence or AI makes it possible for machines to perform tasks similar to humans. Machines get the capacity to learn from experience and to perform according to the needs of humans depending on their habits. Today’s world is full of chess-playing computers and cars with self-driving capacity. Though Artificial Intelligence or AI is not what has been depicted in certain Hollywood films and it is not coming to take over the world from us, it still can make us think that we need certain things that we do not need. AI or Artificial Intelligence is one of the best innovations that can help mankind reach its peak. It has become the perfect companion that you cannot do without even for a single day.
Tech Niche is a term used for referring to a product, service that is designed specifically to accommodate a specific set of people or a particular set of markets. With the evolution of technological advancements, times have changed drastically. One-click of a button reduces our time, efforts, and cost. No sector remains unaffected by technological progress. In the business sector, especially the business sector, every aspect of conducting a business, be it production, marketing, sales, accounts, etc., has become easier. However, with the growing ease of convenience, the competition has also grown. The increased competition has led to the introduction of tech niche markets. A tech-niche market is a segment of a larger market wherein a specific product or service is sold.
Factors governing the business in a Niche Market
- Availability of Resources- This factor is the most primary factor. The entire business idea is dependent upon the accessibility of resources. How to obtain the necessary resources for the development of a product; Allocate resources within different departments of a business; Optimum use of these resources are essential factors in setting up a market.
- Market Research- Market Research is an important factor in setting up a market. This, in turn, helps to determine the subsequent strategies and campaigns. Conducting detailed market research helps to obtain the necessary information. This information includes the expectations, problems, behavior of the targeted audience. Various ways, such as surveys via questionnaire, interacting with a live audience, etc., can be used for the same.
- Knowing the rivals first-hand- Competition is an essential part of any industry. The competitors drive the price forces, new products, and innovations. Before entering into the market, it is essential to know the competitors. The strength, weaknesses, USP, etc., will give you an edge over the rivals.
- Examine Profitability- After securing and observing the necessary information, profitability is ascertained. The sole aspect ensures the existence of a business. Without profits, no firm can survive in the market. Profits must cover the expenses as well as generate enough revenues.
- SWOT analysis- Obtaining information about competitors is not enough. Exploring our own strengths and weaknesses, thereby discovering opportunities and threats, is a strong move to ensure survival in the end.
- Determining Strategies- Strategies are the game plan that implements business ideas. Lead generation strategies involve plans for marketing, sales, promotion, etc. Responsive strategies include the imminent strategies to countermove the rival’s plan. The latter is an unpredictable force, whereas the former is predetermined.
- Feedbacks– No market is complete without feedback. They convey the trend, expectations, room for improvements, etc. to the firms. Obtaining and working upon feedbacks guarantees higher chances of success.
Skills required to sustain in Tech Niche Businesses
- Artificial Intelligence- Artificial Intelligence is considered the most progressive development in the field of technology. Suffice to say. The entire world is on the threshold of transformation with the introduction of AI. Hence, more and more companies and investing in AI. The jobs in this sector are surging. Therefore, people are learning essential skills to keep up-to-date with the necessary transformation.
- Adept at Machine Learning Skills- As compared to humans, Machines are more productive, cost-effective, and less time-consuming. The paradigm shift from human labor to machinery has advanced the level of skills to be learned. People have to become more adept with handling machines, basic software, and various language processing.
- Design- The designing sector is the most important skill-sector. Designs convey the message, vision and attract the targeted audience. Professionals are learning and updating the required skills to improve user’s convenience with websites and mobile applications.
- Research and Development- To keep pace with the changing world and global rivals, investment in the R&D department is necessary. The skills help to strengthen the position of tech-niche business firms.
- Data Analytics- Data has always played a major role in generating valuable information. You will generate abundant jobs in the coming future for this sector. The job of a data analyst is laborious. To ease this hard work, various new skills are required.
What sectors are affected by the Tech Niche Services/Products-
Tech Niche Products and Services have left no sector untouched. However, some fields are more affected than others are.
- Education- The field of education has seen a major transformation in recent decades. The Tech Niche Services and Products have changed the education sector from the inside out. The offline mode has shifted to the online platforms. Virtual learning has proved beneficial for the students. It is no longer focused on rote-learning or securing marks. Rather the digital platforms have enhanced the quality of education. Endless opportunities have opened up in this field for new firms to compete.
- Marketing- Old-age marketing was a tedious, cumbersome task. It was expensive and involved a lot of time and effort. However, tech niche services and products have made the marketing tasks relatively easy. It is possible to reach a massive audience via an endless number of websites, applications, channels, etc. Customized campaign programs are also run for a specific segment of the targeted audience.
- Medical- This sector has been most benefited with the technological advancements. The diseases, which were incurable, are cured with one injection. This sector has a vast potential of opportunities to advance business. With an uncountable number of tasks such as keeping track of patient records, working with AI, handling machinery, etc, the medical sector can provide a major boon to tech-niche firms.
- Environmental Issues- The growing concern for the health of our planet is overwhelming. Tech niche services and products can help to a major extent. Effective water-conservation programs, solar panels, naturally derived energy, cost-effective resources, etc. it has the potential to attract numerous investors.
The tech-niche market, with its influential audience, has contributed significantly to the major transformation process. Focused attention on the specific audience and less competition has made niche markets successful. However, it does pose a few challenges. Nevertheless, with the right strategies, such challenges are easier to overcome.